Possible 1980 GS750 buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible 1980 GS750 buy

I'm looking at possibly getting a 1980 GS750 and I was wondering what parts availability is like for these bikes. I had a 82 Yamaha Maxim 650 and find carb parts or pretty much ANY parts for it was a royal nightmare. Ended up selling it to someone who was more willing to do the searching. I know that some of these older bikes are more popular and therefore parts are easier to get sometimes and I was hoping this might be one of those times.

Thanks in advance,
    Beardking.

Parts are easy and you've already found the best source for info, in the world, bar none! I've got a Maxim and parts are harder to find and when you do, there's always a pricetage to match.

Welcome to the GSR, Basscliff will be along to give you all of the formalities.

Comment

Yeah!

Go for it! I've had mine for over 7 years and it's my 'all time favorite'. As Dave says, parts are readily available both here and on Ebay.\\/
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

buy it, parts are readily available, espec in the usa, restore it and enjoy it for many years to come
        :-D
        GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by beardking View Post
          I'm looking at possibly getting a 1980 GS750 and I was wondering what parts availability is like for these bikes. I had a 82 Yamaha Maxim 650 and find carb parts or pretty much ANY parts for it was a royal nightmare. Ended up selling it to someone who was more willing to do the searching. I know that some of these older bikes are more popular and therefore parts are easier to get sometimes and I was hoping this might be one of those times.

Thanks in advance,
          Beardking.
          Depending on what you may need, i have a 80 750 sitting in my shed mostly tore down that im parting out. A few things i've already gotten rid of, or scavenged for my 77 750, but still lots left!

Comment

Working...
          X