Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will 750 barrels fit on an 1100E and vice versa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 750 barrels fit on an 1100E and vice versa?

Does anyone out here know if 1100 barrels will fit on a 750 crankcase or is the 750 crankcase completely different on the inside compared to the 1100?

These engines look so similar on the outside that it almost seems like all one would have to do is make sure the 1100 pistons weighed the same as the 750's then slide the barrels on and button it up.

I would think that the 1100 valves would be larger so the 1100 head would have to be used as well.

Anyone ever tried this or have info on this possible swap?

Us Ontarians are looking into meeting somewhere this summer. Either near Toronto, Ottawa, or Parry Sound.

As for your engine, if you've got the top end of an 1100 you may as well put the entire thing in rather than take it apart.

Steve

Comment

Strokes are different and would present a problem even if they bolted up. Then there are differences in valve size, squish area, and other head realted details.

Comment

Even though they look similar, you're looking at 2 different engine layouts. Especially the bottom end.

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I guess appearances can really be deceiving sometimes

Comment

750-high pressure, low volume oil system, plain bearing crank

1100-low pressure, high volume oil system, roller bearing crank

I doubt it would work. you would have to figure out how to supply low pressure oil to the 1100 head off the high pressure 750 pump system.

Comment

Working...
            X