Carb settings GS850Gn 1979

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb settings GS850Gn 1979

Help please can anybody tell me how many turns out the pilot jet screws should be.the one's I'm refering to are,the one's under neath the carb in front of the float chamber.You know the one's that your not supposed to move!!!!!!! 8O

1.5 turns

As a general rule try 1.5 turns out then adjust it with the bike running, If you removeds the needle screw make sure you put all the O rings back in!

Comment

Fuel screws on bottom/eng side-3/4 to 1 3/4 out Mine are set at 1 7/8 turns
      Air screws on side of carb-2 to 3 1/2 turns out Mine are set at 2 1/2 turns
      LIGHTLY seat fuel screws-The tips break very easily !!!!!
      Adj fuel screws first for slight rich
      Adj air screws for best idle between rich and lean
      Also do a search in the Q&A section for "airscrews"etc.

Comment

hoyterb I thought what you have written was about right,since I wrote the original question I have found in a haynes manual that the mixture screws underneath the carb the engine side of the venturi should be 5/8 of a trun out.can anybody confirm this to true or false......I have a clymer manual and this just says don't move them!!!!!

Comment

The factory setting on my 79 GS750 E for the fuel pilot screws was 7/8ths turn out. However, that proved to be a unacceptably lean and the bike was hard to start. I have been running my fuel pilot screw settings on the bike at 1 5/8ths turn out for about a year now and it makes it mucho easier to start and runs much better.

Earl

Originally posted by rousers
          hoyterb I thought what you have written was about right,since I wrote the original question I have found in a haynes manual that the mixture screws underneath the carb the engine side of the venturi should be 5/8 of a trun out.can anybody confirm this to true or false......I have a clymer manual and this just says don't move them!!!!!
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Earl

Taking into account the fact your in the USA does emission legislation
            come into the original set up and type of carbs used.I have no starting problems the only problem I have had is getting a stable tick over,the whole engine has been rebuilt and all new gaskets and seals have been used,and at vast expense new carb rubber tubes that mount them to the head have baan fitted
            so there are no air leaks.the carbs have been balanced and they all shut together.all the needle vales are on the same notch all floats float and are at the same height.fuel cut off valves in the float chamber are new ! a friend said ride it let a bit of carbon build up in the head and reset it up again.

regards Bob

P.S its still Bl***y cold here so that may have somthing to do with it ! 8O

Comment

Working...
            X