Bring on the Shafty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring on the Shafty

Dooes any one know if there is a way to extend a drishaft or if there is a longer one available? If not what is the easiest way to switch to chain drive??? I am a little new and am looking to extend the swing arm on an 1100 gl thanks for your time

One more thing will an 110e gas tank swap with an 1100g series? thanks again

Re: Bring on the Shafty

Originally posted by bybowtie
    Dooes any one know if there is a way to extend a drishaft or if there is a longer one available? If not what is the easiest way to switch to chain drive??? I am a little new and am looking to extend the swing arm on an 1100 gl thanks for your time

One more thing will an 110e gas tank swap with an 1100g series? thanks again
    The easiest way is to change bikes. They are very diferent. May I ask why you want to change over??

Comment

depends on which we were talking..the shaft issue came about as me a nd a buddy were thinking of lengthinning(sp?) the frame drive shaft would then be an issue... the tank thing was just that one from an 110e came available online and I was just curious of fit..Mine is in seriously bad rusted out shape.. If you can help or maybe have Ideas that wwould be grand.. I just picked it up and will have pics of it soon... It truly is a bike resto from the ground up.. luckily everything(from what I can tell) is there... Thanks again.. hope to chat soon

Comment

I don't know how the GS driveshafts are built but you can have normal drive shafts lengthened fairly easily. Are the GS driveshafts inside a casing for their entire length or does the shaft emergy somewhere?

Comment

from the looks of it they are in the entire length(cover)....the no joints or even bolts exposed.. that was my concern.. I know car shafts can be extender but rather new to cycles w/shafts

Comment

Working...
          X