Bleeding Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding Brakes

On my bike, I have one rear brake line but two nipples...(one for each side of the caliper). Can I bleed them one at a time?? Last time I did it, I tried to open and close each one with each "squeeze"... is that the correct way? I've never seen that aspect of it discussed. Thanks very much guys!! I always appreciate your help.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

bleeding

First of all bleed the hose first by treating the 14mm bolt as a bleed nipple then start with the side which has the brake hose attached and bleed them one at a time untill you have good brake pressure.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the information. If I use the banjo fitting as a bleed point, won't it leak when I'm done?? :roll:
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Re: bleeding

Originally posted by sharpy
        First of all bleed the hose first by treating the 14mm bolt as a bleed nipple then start with the side which has the brake hose attached and bleed them one at a time untill you have good brake pressure.
        Careful of using the line as an initial bleeding point. Brake fluid eats paint!
        I've never had to use the line as a starting point? And the manual, at least on my 1100 with anti-dive, says to start with the bleeder farthest from the source and work inwards, i.e. in your case with the rear brakes, start with bleeder on the other side from where the line is attached.

Comment

Just did mine a few weeks ago. I bled them exactly as Pete above has just described......no problem whatsoever. Brakes work like new.
          Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
          "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
          1982 GS1100E
          1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Working...
          X