Resto GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resto GS

Got an 82 1100gl where do I begin.. Its been sitting outside for god knows how long. Any hints

Drain whatever gas remains in tank, pull and THOROUGHLY clean carbs, clean ALL electrical grounds, contacts, plugs, connectors, etc., install new battery, strart and adjust motor, Ride! :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

I hope its that easy.... Sounds like a plan... gotta get a tank though. this ones BADDDD and a seat both rusted to @@#$... Thanks for the greatadvice.. just one ?? what a bout possibility of rusted rings etc?

Comment

if your cleaning everything, don't forget a inline fuel filter before even thinking of running any gas from your tank to those nicely cleaned carbs, get new fuel and vent hoses too, it will save you a head ache later on and when you have everything apart it's easy to put new ones on.
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

thanks for the great advice everyone

Comment

If you're concerned about stuck rings, put a few drops of oil down the spark plug holes and let it sit overnight. Penetrating oil works well. Also, don't forget to change the oil. The carbs are gonna need a real good going after, good luck with that, I hate carb work, as I'm yet to get mine right. Check the air filter, definately use an inline fuel filter. Check the tires carefully for dryrot, ofcourse check the pressures too, new plugs, anything else should show up a few days after you get it going... don't plan any long trips right away, you'll probably need an RR. Oh, and concider changing the diff (shafty oil).

Comment

Working...
            X