ignition box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ignition box

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find one and what this is going to cost me???? My box is toast any help is greatly appreciated here.

What year and model is your bike?

Hap

Comment

Sorry bout that I have a 1983 GS850GL and thanks again for the help.

Comment

Igniter box?

I assume you're talking about the igniter? I priced a new one from Suzuki for my 80 GS550E and it was in the 400's......I saw one for an 83 I think for 277 or so from a retailer online. It ain't cheap....I am currently going the way of Ebay to get a used one for mucho less.

Comment

Re: Igniter box?

You can get a new Dyna S ignition system for about $160 (last time I checked)

Earl

Originally posted by mikestermike
          I assume you're talking about the igniter? I priced a new one from Suzuki for my 80 GS550E and it was in the 400's......I saw one for an 83 I think for 277 or so from a retailer online. It ain't cheap....I am currently going the way of Ebay to get a used one for mucho less.
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

You could get one from a wrecker for 50-70% of new price. Go with Earls idea and buy new coils while you're at it. I would have done this if they made a direct fit for my 400.

Steve

Comment

You can use the standard 3 or 5 ohm coils with the Dyna. You cant use the low resistance aftermarket coils.

Earl

Originally posted by srivett
              You could get one from a wrecker for 50-70% of new price. Go with Earls idea and buy new coils while you're at it. I would have done this if they made a direct fit for my 400.

Steve
              Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

So the dyna S system will eliminate my need for that little black box by the battery. Is that what I am understanding????

Comment

Yes the dyna S is a stand alone system. Your stock coils should be 3 ohms which will work with the Dyna Ign

Comment

Dyna S and Accel Super Coils

Okay, this thread scared me......I have had both a Dyna S AND Accel Super Coils/Wires on my '83 GS1100E for years. I did some research and found the reason why. Older ignitions are inductive type and use coils in the 3-5 ohm range. Newer CDI ignitions use coils of less than 1 ohm. Although Accel now seems to cater almost exclusively to the Harley market, they still sell universal coil/wire kits for 2 or 4 cylinder bikes. These coils are 3 ohm and should work fine with the Dyna S, as they have on my GS for probably 15 years. The Accel part number is 140403 for the 4 cylinder kit (approx $125) and 140403S for the 2 cylinder kit (approx $68)

Here is a link to the Accel catalog

Here is a link to Dyna
                    Dynatek is the world leader in high performance electronic products for motorcycles. Best-in-class ignition solutions, fuel tuners, coil kits and more. Shop Online!

Hope this helps........Joe

Comment

I looked at the links and isn't that a little high for the dyna?????

check this link and see what you think its a lot cheaper here.

Comment

KD or ND

What does Dyna mean 550 KD or 550 ND....Whats a KD&ND??? I am not familiar with that abbreviation....

Comment

Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse sells the Dyna S for approximately the same price as the link above.

Comment

ignitor box

I have a 1983 GS1100GK and my ignitor box went out. I was wanting to know if a 1982 GS1100 would fit my bike

Comment

Re: KD or ND

Originally posted by mikestermike
                              What does Dyna mean 550 KD or 550 ND....Whats a KD&ND??? I am not familiar with that abbreviation....
                              Anybody know the answer to this? (what is KD vs ND)

Comment

Working...
                              X