What's a decent 1100 engine worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a decent 1100 engine worth?

I'm looking for a 1982 1/2 or later 1100 engine. This engine must be operable (even if it's on the garage floor) but does not necessarily have to be sold complete. I would need to hear it run before I purchase. Please let me know the asking price, preferably in Cdn. funds and your location.

To those who don't have one for sale, could you help me out with a ballpark price I should be expecting to pay for a decent engine.

I think I had an offer to buy an 1150 engine with all electronics and carbs plus pretty much all of the bike for around 1000$US? I'm not completely sure anymore as it was several months ago. I think you can get a used 1150/1100 for around 600$CDN but once again I don't remember for sure. I checked this out back in October when I looked at an 1150 that needed a head.

Steve

Comment

Call Ontario Cycle Salvage and see what their going rate is, that will give you a ballpark figure. Just remember that they will most likely be a couple hundred or more higher than a private sale. I know a guy who had an 80 1100 motor and he wanted a grand for it in '86, but it had well under 10,000 km also.
      Looking for 82 and up? I assume you want a welded crank from the factory.

Comment

it may be cheaper to buy a whole bike

Comment

If you hear of an 1150/1100 for sale please let me know.

Thanks for all the info guys. I will follow on on your great suggestions.

Comment

Working...
          X