Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb problem

Hi everyone

I have a carb problem that I can't seem to figure out. I check the search section in this forum and none seems to relate to my specific problem. I am trying to get my 82 gs850g running, it has a mukuni bs32ss carbs. The bike is NOT running at this moment but it does crank over. I am getting fuel in all cylinders except #2 cylinder. The #2 carb have fuel in the bowl but NO fuel in the cylinder - Plug is bone dry! Can anyone explain to me how this could happen!

Thanks for the help

Something else going on besides no fule in the #2 carb. If 3 carbs were firing properly and one wasnt the bike should still run. It would be rough but it will fire on 3. Are you getting spartk to the plugs. Since its the dry one maybe the other 3 arn't firing. So are you getting spark to all the plugs.?

Comment

Do you have the vacuum hooked to the petcock? Connection on #2 carb intake side should be pluged if you are not using the vacuum petcock

Comment

when or if you cleaned the carbs, did you clean the little dome screen that snaps onto the the fuel inlet in the carb (it is located right above the little float actuated needle and you need to remove that assembly to get to it.) my carbs were clean in my bike execpt for the screen and the screen wouldn't let fuel in consistently. the screens in each carb becomes the first line of defence for dirt and rust.
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Re: Carb problem

The first three things I would check are:
          1. the tube in the float bowl that picks up fuel for the choke (choke tube)
          and the seal on the choke plunger.
          2. the pilot jet for obstuctions
          3. the induction tube between the carb and cylinder head for leaks.

Earl

Originally posted by appletree
          Hi everyone

I have a carb problem that I can't seem to figure out. I check the search section in this forum and none seems to relate to my specific problem. I am trying to get my 82 gs850g running, it has a mukuni bs32ss carbs. The bike is NOT running at this moment but it does crank over. I am getting fuel in all cylinders except #2 cylinder. The #2 carb have fuel in the bowl but NO fuel in the cylinder - Plug is bone dry! Can anyone explain to me how this could happen!

Thanks for the help
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

The vacuum hose is connected and I am getting sparks on all plugs. When I try to crank it over the engine sound like it want to fire but did not - it just crank. I took the carb off the engine and that's when I realize that #2 cylinder did not get any fuel. There is fuel in the #2 carb and some in the diaphram area but not as much as the other three. I will take #2 carb apart and go through what you guys suggest. Thanks for pointing me to a direction because right now I feel completely lost!

Thank All

Comment

re carb problem

A bit drastic perhaps, check to see if the inlet cams are opening the valves ok. thats the way the fuel gets into the cylinder. 8O

Comment

Heres another little trick to see if you can get it running. Put it all bake together to include putting the airbox back on. Leave the air filter out. Spray some starting fliud into the airbox area towards the carbs. This should get it to at least fire if you are getting spark. One other thing. Is the battery fully charged. You might have enough juice to turn it over but not get enough spark to make it fire. Make sure your battery is fully charged.

Comment

Unfortunately, the battery is completely dead as a door knob. I am jumping it off of my truck. I know there are some in this forum say that is asking for trouble but it seems to work ok for now. Once I know the bike can fire and runs I'll fork the $$$ for new battery among other little odds and ends at the same time. As for the air box, well, it doesn't seems to fit the carb unless there is a connector that will link the four port on the carb to the airbox. If not, then I am lookin at the K&N four pots route.

Comment

Id check to make sure cyl 2 has compression, because if it has no compression, it'll probably have 0 vaccuum as well... Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X