Blinkers Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a word a caution.

Just a word of caution. My blinkers started doing some funny things before my bike died. The R/R was to blame. From now on if my blinkers start acting up I'm getting home to do a charging system test.

As if I'm not doing them all the time anyways after that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Falke
      Bob mine were doing the same thing till I made a plastic heatshield under the tank to keep engine heat off the connectors. It seemed they'd work fine till the engine got hot then no flashers at all.

Here's my question to pose, my owners manual has said the GS1000LN has self canceling turn-signals. Mine have never self canceled. Is this the flasher unit that does the canceling? If so it is possible mine does not have the original flasher or that that feature has stopped working. IF that feature is located elsewhere where do I find it?
      The turn signal control unit does the cancelling, but it is the distance/time sensor in the speedometer that tells it when.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

RE: heat shield

Originally posted by Michael Falke
        Bob mine were doing the same thing till I made a plastic heatshield under the tank to keep engine heat off the connectors. It seemed they'd work fine till the engine got hot then no flashers at all.

Here's my question to pose, my owners manual has said the GS1000LN has self canceling turn-signals. Mine have never self canceled. Is this the flasher unit that does the canceling? If so it is possible mine does not have the original flasher or that that feature has stopped working. IF that feature is located elsewhere where do I find it?
        That plastic heat shield sounds like a good idea. My bike is showing 14 volts on the voltmeter when cold, but that drops down to 13 when hot on a hot day. Such a shield might help.

Comment

My flasher is on the left under the left plastic side cover over the solenoid.

Comment

Working...
          X