Sealed Battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sealed Battery?

I know it's early but I am thinking of flipping for a new sealed battery in the spring. Does anyone here use one? How has it worked out? Any brand better than another? I am not sure how old my old one is, but it's a cheapie wally world special and I know they are only good for about 2 years.

Yuasa makes pretty much the best motorcycle batteries.

Comment

I've got a AGM sealed battery on my bike, and it's way better than the lead acid batteries, twice as expensive though.:-D

Comment

I've got a sealed AGM one from Batteries Plus, works great. Nice thing about them is you can mount them any way you like except upside down. There's no risk of battery acid leaking all over the place, ever.

Comment

You pay for the convenience

Mr. bubba,

I just put a Yuasa AGM sealed battery in my bike. The battery that was on the bike when I bought it quit holding a charge (cheap Wal-Mart brand lead-acid). Since I had just replaced the r/r and stator, I figured it was time for a new battery. I needed one in a hurry so I went to the local biker shop and picked it up for $82. If you're not in a hurry you can find a better price online or go with the Wally brand. It's nice not having to worry about water levels. One less thing to worry about.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
            I know it's early but I am thinking of flipping for a new sealed battery in the spring. Does anyone here use one? How has it worked out? Any brand better than another? I am not sure how old my old one is, but it's a cheapie wally world special and I know they are only good for about 2 years.
            I join others in recommending a sealed battery. I have one on my GK, and wouldn't use the older kind again. I got mine from Motorcycle Batteries USA at http://www.motorcyclebatteriesusa.com/ . It's a Yuasa, and it cost about $80.

I don't think brand matters in this case. I'm glad I don't have to check electrolyte level ever again.
            Last edited by Guest; 01-13-2008, 11:50 PM.

Comment

I have sealed batteries in ALL the bikes in the garage. GS650L and 850L, son's Venture Royale and my Wing. The first three are about 2 years old, each, the battery in my Wing is at least 4 years old, maybe 5. Previous owner couldn't remember exactly when he replaced it. Still going strong on all of them.

I don't remember paying anywhere near $80 for any of them, it was more like $60.

Apparently prices have gone up...Batteries Plus has them for $70.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I bought a Die Hard at Sears. Going on three years and still going strong.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks everyone it looks like sealed is the way to go. Yes, twice the cost but also twice as good. The $80 price seems to mesh with what I have found on line.

Comment

if you go to bikebanit's aftermarket parts page, they have yuasa AGM batteries for 53 bucks i think.

Comment

Here ya go: Bike Bandit Batteries. $35.99 for a standard Yuasa wet battery, $59.30 for a sealed one.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                      X