Electrosport Speedo, Horn, & Grip Heaters Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrosport Speedo, Horn, & Grip Heaters Wiring Diagram

In case anyone is interested in replacing the original instrument cluster with an Acewell / Electrosport Speedo, maybe this will be of interest.

This work added the following to my 1980 GS1100E:

(1) Acewell / Electrosport ACE-2853 Digital Speedo
    (2) Stebel Air Horn
    (3) 7" Chrome Headlight with H4 bulb
    (4) Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater Kit

Last edited by Guest; 01-17-2008, 10:08 AM.

Thanks!

I like the bit where you use the same relay for the horn and heated grips. A few seconds of tootling here and there won't affect the grip heat, and it simplifies wiring and reduces the number of parts. Very nice.

Now can you post a photo of the installed "dashboard"?
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

elecrosport speedo

can you give me info on the speedo, ie website etc, regards

Comment

Image Gallery for the mods is available here.

Comment

Originally posted by mac1170 View Post
          can you give me info on the speedo, ie website etc, regards
          Here is a list of what and where I purchased for the bike:

Stebel Air Horn

Stebel.11185
          Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone 12-Volt Motorcycle Air Horn, 139 dB - Chrome
          $49.99

Acewell / Electrosport Speedometer

The different models and options are listed at the URL
          $129

7" Chrome Headlight
          CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …

KZ 7Headlight Kit UNI-Mounting
          HL-KZ40
          $64.95

Chrome Headlight Ears
          CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …

HLEAR-M34
          $11.95

H4 Halogen w/ Removable Bulb

HEADLIGHT01
          $29.95

Grip Heaters

Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater Kit with toggle switch
          $26.98

Grip Heater Switch

040-HBS-02
          Switch: Handlebar Three Position plus Kill Switch
          $19.95

H4 Bulbs

Osram Silver Star H4 2 Pack
          $27.80

Aux Junction Box

CASE,ALUMINUM,7.5"x4.3"x2.4"
          $16.74

Relays
          Your Audio Solutions HQ Since 1986. Shop Audio Parts from Speakers and Subwoofers to Home Theater and Pro Audio. Top Gear at Low Prices and FREE Shipping

330-073
          12 VDC Automotive Relay SPDT 40A
          $1.49

Relay Socket
          Your Audio Solutions HQ Since 1986. Shop Audio Parts from Speakers and Subwoofers to Home Theater and Pro Audio. Top Gear at Low Prices and FREE Shipping

330-075
          12 VDC 5-Pin Relay Socket
          $1.75

Magnets

329-040
          Neodymium Magnet 0.36" x 0.28" x 0.21"
          $0.58
          Last edited by Guest; 01-17-2008, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Thank you denmark, I am ordering one of these in the morning. Nice setup you have. Also that is a sweet bike.

Comment

Originally posted by demark View Post
              Here is a list of what and where I purchased for the bike:

Steibel Air Horn

Stebel.11185
              Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone 12-Volt Motorcycle Air Horn, 139 dB - Chrome
              $49.99
              <Snip>

For what its worth, the Stebel Nautilus and the Wolo Bad-boy are the exact same horn.

The bad boy can often be found on sale at harbor freight for $30 or $35.

Comment

Originally posted by bakalorz View Post
                For what its worth, the Stebel Nautilus and the Wolo Bad-boy are the exact same horn.

The bad boy can often be found on sale at harbor freight for $30 or $35.
                The Black Stebel Nautilus is $40.

Comment

Hey Denmark! Thank you for this wonderful post. Also I am currently having trouble figuring out the "engine rotations per signal setting" it can be 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and .05... The number of engine rotation per signal. This is for a gs750. I need to figure this out quickly, so I can run some charging system tests to order some new parts. Thanks, anyones help is appreciated.

Will post pictures when complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Graves Lee View Post
                    ...I am currently having trouble figuring out the "engine rotations per signal setting" it can be 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and .05... The number of engine rotation per signal.
                    Each coil fires every time the engine comes around, so use the 1.0 setting.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I just purchased the 2853 and can't seem to get the speedo set. I've tried the different settings for my size tire, but the only setting that seems to be close to accurate is 0516, which seems low. Anyone else used a digital gauge that has an idea of where I should be setting mine? Thanks ahead of time.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X