Gs450t Seat Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs450t Seat Removal

Can anyone shed light onto how to remove aforementioned seat? I looked at the seat yesterday at dusk in the subfreezing weather with snow wafting around me, and couldn't figure it out.

I had a GS450T once. I believe there were two bolts that held the rear blinkers in place, but also anchored the seat in the rear. In the front of the seat there's just a "tounge" of metal that hooks under a brace on the frame. So, remove the two aforementioned bolts and then pull the rear of the seat back and up.

Comment

That's exactly how you do it.
      1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
      The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

So,do you guys mean the rear signals are held on by more than just the through bolt that the wires go through?

Comment

That main stalk (with the wires) is attached to notched bracket. That bracket is held to the bike with the aforementioned bolt.
          By the way, the shop manual should show all of this pretty clearly. You do have a manual, don't you? If you intend to do work on your bike (and not pay a "shop" exorbitant fees), you must have a manual. With a bike as old as yours, it WILL need work periodically.

Comment

Yes, duh, my son has a manual for his bike. I looked at the contents, the index, every page. There was only 2 pix of the seat, and it was in reference to other procedures. I even thoroughly read thru the section concerning air filter servicing, and it didn't mention anything there either. Trust me , even with impending frostbite after dark, I tried everything logical that fell short of me breaking it.

Comment

Hmm...

Just curious: What brand of manual do you have? Suzuki shop manual, Haynes, Clymer?
              Some are notoriously slim on detailed diagrams. Some have outright wrong info.

Also, in full daylight the description I gave should become obvious. If not, perhaps you've got a custom setup?

Comment

Haynes manual, factory seat. I'll try tonite with a flashlite when I get done at work.

Comment

Working...
                X