1981 Gsx400f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 Gsx400f

Hi All, I was hoping I might be able to gather out of your collective minds a little info on this model.

I bought today an 1981 GSX400f. It has 21500kms on it and other than fairly faded paint in pretty good nick.

I haven't had any luck searching the web.

Twin Disc front
    Drum Rear (this stuffed me as all I was able to find was rear disc for this year model.

Any info you all may have would be great

Cheers

hotspur, try www.suzukicycles.org and put gsx400f in the search. There is a bit of info.
    It certainly did not get to North America, too bad for us. It looks like a cool little bike.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Its been awhile since I owned a 400 Bandit but if memory serves me correctly, for once, I think it had the GSX400F designation. If so, IMO, it was a cramped but awesome bike. The thought that always crossed my mind was that it felt like a watch. Precision to the max. And it sure loves to rev. Btw, I have a NOS OEM oil filter for that bike that I was going to put on ebay. Email me if you want it.
      Willie in TN
      Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
      '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
      '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
      '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Thanks fellas,

What I can find out about it is that it is the first of the suzi's to wear the Katana Moniker thou not anywhere on the bike itself. The only confusing thing is the rear drum brake as all the pictures I have seen are of a rear disc. It is WHat it is, all the numbers confirm this so hopefully I am onto a little winner. It sure does like to rev thou, Fairly doughy until you hit about 5 thou. Anyway thanks for or help.

Cheers

Comment

Hotspur, i did see the one pic with a drum rear brake.
          It was on the 1982 GSX 400 FS Impulse. I guess it is the hot rod version. Higher revving, couple extra ponies, stepped seat and an oil cooler.
          Do you have any pics of your new ride?
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hi Steve,

Have taken a piccy of it. The seat has been cut down to make it a single seater. In Queensland it is cheaper rego if only one seat ($180/year instead of nearly $400)

Comment

Working...
            X