inlet boot hole pitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inlet boot hole pitches

Hi everyone! Looking for some help please! I recently bought a GS750 engine for a project I'm doing, engine number GS750-74382, the engine had no inlet boots so I bought some from a breakers. My problem is the pitch of the mounting holes on the boot flange is 60mm and the pitch of the holes on the cylinder head is 70mm when I asked about this, the guy was surprised and suggested maybe someone has put a GS850 head on as this is the only head that would fit a 750. Could this be what has happened any help would be much appreciated.

I know that the GS550 uses different size intake boots on later models with CV carbs. Perhaps its the same with the GS750 and you have boots from an earlier/later model.
    GS1000G

Comment

Thats a good point I noticed on one of these sites that have the micro fiches that from 1980 they seem to use cv carbs, I think what may have thrown me is the engine has a kick start and electric start. So I thought it may be older. Thanks for that. All info appreciated

Comment

If it has a kick start, it is '79 or older. Those are also the same years that use the VM carbs with the smaller throats.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X