No announcement yet.

Where to mount a Cigarette Lighter Outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still looking for a good place to mount the Cigarette Socket.

Thanks for all the replys. I bought a Magellan Roadmate 2000, on ebay last year right before the Blue Ridge Parkway trip (see other posts). I tried using velcro to attach it to the tank (didnt work) and have since gotten a Ram mount for it. It only hold a 3 hour charge and I dont listen to it most of the time so the battery drains because of constant recalculation. Enough on that. I cant just hook up the GPS as the plug on the Lighter end has a transformer in it. I did have an idea today that I could use a broom clip (like you use to hang a broom on the wall) and attach it to the socket and then just clip it to a tube, handlebar or seat rail on the bike for use. If anyone has a better place on the bike to mount the socket let me know.

Nate

Comment

I would install the plug somewhere under the seat, and then run your power cord up the frame and to your handlebars.
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Found location for Socket!!

Thanks for all the info gang. I ended up mounting the socket on an L bracket I made tucked behind the speedo/headlight bucket. There was just enough room and with it mounted there its not prone to water either.

Comment

Working...
        X