Gear change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear change

Hi all, Got a GS550L 1982. Had it for about four and a bit years. Finding it hard to get into neutral, other selections are not a problem. Any ideas?

Cheers Dave in Brum

Hi Dave, Had this problem a few years ago and looked on this site, the answer was to drain off some oil, sounds crazy I know but it works, I've since had the same thing during oil changes and when I drain off about 1/2 a litre finds nuetral every time, its definatly worth a try. All the best!

Comment

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the GSR !

Check and lube all the moving parts in the shift linkage. Especially the shaft where the shifter arm is mounted. Lube that shaft. Youll probably need to remove a snap ring with a snap ring pliers. Works for me.

Last edited by bonanzadave; 01-18-2008, 06:38 PM.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

a little corrosion never hurt anybody.....

hahahahaha

Comment

hey howdy hey!

Mr. Dave in Brum,

Let it be known that on this day you are cordially and formally welcomed to the GSR Forum as a Junior Member in good standing with all the rights and privileges thereof. Further let it be known that good standing can be improved with pictures (not you, your bike)! :-D

Yep, I have to be careful because I tend to overfill everything on my bike. It can be detrimental to its operation, or at least leak out and make a mess. 8-[

Thanks for joining us. There's lots of good folk here with lots of good experience to share.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
          (The unofficial GSR greeter)

Comment

Thanks for your info, will try when the rain stops!

Comment

Working...
            X