gsx into gs???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsx into gs???????

does anyone know whether a gsx1100efe barrell and piston set will fit straight onto my gs1100gk bottom end? they seem very similar and air cooled !! or will the pistons fit the con rods of my gs, with the barrels bored to suit these particular pistons which are oversized. hope someone can help
    regards rob :roll:

What year??? Some us model GS's are refered to as GSX models in the UK

Comment

Actually Lyn the correct answer is "yes" , he is talking about a GS1100GK and fitting the barrells and head off a GS1150 onto it, it can be done but I would recommend a couple of trial builds to check valve to piston clearances etc. before a final build.
      Dink
      BTW what the US(and Canada?) call 16 valve GS's is what the rest of the world calls GSX's. As in when they went to 16 valve everywhere else in the world they added an "X" to the GS prefix.

Comment

Dink, isn't the 1100GK a 2 valver? and a 4 valve head will work on it? Do you have to modify the timing chain to make it work? or is basically a bolt up operation?
        Doze.

Comment

Basically it is bolt up, you will need a 16 valve camchain and as I said several trial builds to check that everything matches properly, but I have been told by several people that it is do-able.
          Or you could just buy a GS1150 and revell in the POWER
          Dink

Comment

Nice thought fellers, but it won't happen. The engines have two entirely different cylinder/head stud patterns. Confused? Ask your dealer to show you a head gasket for a GS1100GK (or any of the two valve engines) and one for the 4 valve 1000/1100/1150 and you'll see that the studs are in entirely different positions. Personally I'd rather stick with the two valver, the big port GK engine can make good horsepower, pity about that heavy power robbing shaft drive though............

Comment

Working...
            X