My last petcock question....(I hope)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last petcock question....(I hope)

I received the petcock I ordered only to find that it won't fit. Evidently most Suzuki bolt spreads are 44MM. Mine appears to be 50MM. I'm totally sick of the whole deal and want to order a Pingel. Which model do I order? Do I need anything other than the petcock and the 50MM adapter? Will it be as easy to install as a stock petcock? I think the l980 GS750L's must be the only ones with a 50MM spread....figures. :roll: Thanks, guys!
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

you will need teflon tape to wrap the threads on ther petcock when you screw it into the adapter. Also applying more or less tape will allow you to controll where the fuel outlet tube points and the on off lever rests for convenienceespeciall to the gas line to the carbs.. Sometimes the screen on the pingel will rub against the side/sides of thre tank mounting hole. In this case you wil have to file the hole slightly larger and be carefull not to get metal filings into the tank.
    Dont forgrt to block off the vacume line to the carb which supplies the vacume for the stock valve.I just trimmed the line and put a screw in it. It can be done in better ways . Just ask and someone will tell you.

WHAT DID I FORGET TO TELL THIS GENTLEMAN???

Comment

Umm.......I don't know.....maybe to make sure the bike don't fall over on top of him?????

Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
      "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
      1982 GS1100E
      1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Originally posted by frosty5011
        Umm.......I don't know.....maybe to make sure the bike don't fall over on top of him?????

I knew i wouldnt remember everything.

Comment

Did you warn him about not having a reserve? Or do they?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
            Did you warn him about not having a reserve? Or do they?

Steve
            They can be purchased either way.
            Mine and Al Yeltons have reserves. BTW they are chromed 8O and soooo easy to turn on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
              Mine and Al Yeltons have reserves. BTW they are chromed 8O and soooo easy to turn on and off.
              is this for a 750 L 1980 ? iso the "screwslot" ?

if yes, could you give me the exact reference ? (please please please )

I WANT to have a reserve

V++

Comment

Originally posted by rackham
                Originally posted by slopoke
                is this for a 750 L 1980 ? iso the "screwslot" ?

if yes, could you give me the exact reference ? (please please please )

I WANT to have a reserve

V++
                Measure the distance between your mounting screws. Center to center i mean. then call murdoch racing. I dont believe there is an exact application. you are fooling with modification in this case.

Comment

You may have to file a little on the tank for the valve to fit...if you have to do this make sure there are no gas vapors in the tank. I drained my tank, let it air out over night, then blew air through it for a good while to insure it was vapor free.

Hap

Comment

Yes

Yes, it's a l980 GS750L and the bolt spread is 50MM....unique, I believe. Pingel makes a 50MM adapter and the number is A1902C. The hole in the tank is small so I hope that won't be a big hassle.
                    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Re: Yes

Originally posted by chuckycheese
                      Yes, it's a l980 GS750L and the bolt spread is 50MM....unique, I believe. Pingel makes a 50MM adapter and the number is A1902C. The hole in the tank is small so I hope that won't be a big hassle.
                      From whati have read, the 750 and 1100 valves are usually interchangable. Im wondering if its just the spred between the mounting bolts that odd.

Comment

Working...
                      X