Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

changing over from points to pick ups!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing over from points to pick ups!!!

Im in the process of restoring a gs 550(don't ask which model!!) the frame numbers have been erased and theres no number plate but the engine is a points ignition model.

Can anyone advise me if it is possible to change over from points to pick ups as the loom i have aquired is off a later machine and has an ignitor unit

I would be grateful for any advise and or directions Cheers..Tony

How will you be able to register a bike without any ownership details?

Steve

Comment

registering

In reply to steve's question Firstly it is a lengthy process! the bike has been examined by the W.Mids stolen vehicle squad and no trace found in their records. ownership is therefore not at question.
      Once the bike is up an running! (if i can solve the points to pick up issue) it will have to be M.O.T'd using the engine number then taken to a DVLA inspection site along with the documents from the S.M.V where they will issue either a "q" plate or an age related plate should i be able to obtain a letter from a suitable club that can identify the approximate age of the bike by the engine number...hope that helps

Comment

I see the pickup replacements on Ebay quite often. Usually going in the $40-$60US range. I want a set, but am on too tight a budget, so I just whimper as the auctions go by.

They specifically list the GS550 and 750, '77-83, I think.

Comment

points to electronic

Find the DYNA pick up set, wires straight to the coils. Same on all GS fours. Superb.

Comment

Working...
          X