Gsx750e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gsx750e

Hi! Can anybody tell me where I can get a complete carburettor kit for a gsx750e? And do they or you post or do business with South Africa? thanx!

Same bike as I have - what are you trying to do ? Gaskets for a rebuild, needles or shims to play with settings ? I can ask around. I think it's all pretty much available.

Do you have part numbers or a good description of what you need ?

It's all pretty much available, so if we know what you want I'm sure we can get it to you.

Comment

If you are just trying to freshen up the carbs and not change any jetting, chances are that you will only need o-rings and maybe a float bowl gasket. The gasket can be ordered through your dealer or several places on-line, but the best source of o-ring kits is one of our own members, Robert Barr. Click here for information on what he has to offer. Might want to check on international shipping, but I am sure something can be arranged.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi. i basically need everything. gaskets, o-rings, jets, needles, diaphrams, etc.... here in SA it will cost about $2000

Comment

Originally posted by thegixxer View Post
          Hi. i basically need everything. gaskets, o-rings, jets, needles, diaphrams, etc.... here in SA it will cost about $2000
          OK - so do you want us to get it for you ?

All the stuff you mention is pennies, or at most a few dollars.

I need everything you do for my spring overhaul, so I'll buy enough for both of us and pass it on if you want. Won't cost a lot.

Comment

Hey Pete. can you email me a photo of your carbs so I can check if they are tha same? you never know... And a list of what parts you are getting plus prices? And postage and shipping to South Africa? my email is: thegixxer@yahoo.com

Comment

Thanks in advance. :-D Next up is my GS1000E. Crank, barrels, rings, clutch basket, gaskets.... [-o<

Comment

Hey Pete. can you email me a photo of your carbs so I can check if they are tha same? you never know... And a list of what parts you are getting plus prices? And postage and shipping to South Africa? my email is: thegixxer@yahoo.com
                Don't know what model/year you have. I have a 1982 TSCC fitted with Mikuni BS32SS carbs. But the 8-valve models - 1979 and earlier - had Mikuni VM26SS carbs.

Here are mine - left side of the bike -

Right side of the bike -

I'll just be getting the O-ring kit from Robert Barr and float bowl gaskets from the dealer. That's less than $20 as far as I know. My jetting is stock, but if you need needles I can find out where to get them. I guess the dealers probably carry Mikuni jet kits. Don't know about shipping, but it can't be too bad for a relatively small and light package.

Comment

Thanks for the pics. Can you find out for me what a complete overhaul kit will cost? O-rings, gaskets, diaphrams with needles, neddles that go on top of the floats, the seats where they go in, jets, etc? Thanks :-D We dont get it from the agents anymore over here. one diaphram costs about $140, without the needle...
                  Last edited by Guest; 01-24-2008, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the pics. Can you find out for me what a complete overhaul kit will cost? O-rings, gaskets, diaphrams with needles, neddles that go on top of the floats, the seats where they go in, jets, etc? Thanks :-D We dont get it from the agents anymore over here. one diaphram costs about $140, without the needle...
                    Hi thegixxer,
                    If you have already stripped the carbs and know what is in order and what needs to be replaced, yes then go ahead and order what you need, there are many suppliers in the USA and the UK that will have most of what you want and readily ship it to the RSA, but the shipping is usually quite high and some only ship via courier.
                    The problem that could occur is that if you find that a pilot screw or a jet that is corroded and stuck and breaks off and damages something then you cannot easily replace, as you may have a damaged carb body. Your jet sizes may also in the past have been modified to suit some changes by a PO etc.
                    The chaps on the forum are very very helpful and they may be able to point you to a complete rack of carbs, that has already been overhauled and tested. I recall some company in the USA that actually sells a full reconditoned rack that has been polished up like new, but cannot recall the link. Some of the members also have some complete spare sets they may want to sell.
                    There are complete diaphragms for sale and there are places that replace the rubber bellows, all fairly expensive. Small holes in limited cases can even be patched. Needles and jets come in a massive array of sizes and combinations. If a jet is not physically damaged then there is no real need to replace it unless you want to change the tuning, then that is another can of worms on its own. Needles and seats can wear and must be examined for such. Physical breakage and wear normally only means replacing same with same. It is most unlikely that you will find each and every part you want from the same supplier and you may have to place a couple of orders with different suppliers.
                    For starters O-rings and gaskets as well as all the bolts and screws should be replaced. Robert Barr sells a full and complete set of o-rings, including those that are not available( none of the kits have every o-ring that is used in the carbs) in the kits off the shelf. He ships to the RSA at only $14 inclusive and a couple of extra dollars for the 4 intake o-rings. The philips screws should all be replaced with allan head stainless steel screws and can be bought from any RSA engineering shop that sells nuts and bolts. The float bowl gaskets can be easily made by yourself in minutes or ordered from the USA.
                    Bike Hospital in Gauteng has much in the line of second hand parts as well as new parts, give them a call as well.
                    How do I know this? I just recently overhauled my GS1000G CV carbs (BS36SS), replaced pilot jets, gaskets, all o-rings, screws and intake o-rings, synchronised them and all of the info came from the forum and I am no mechanic.

Comment

Is it the same carb ? To help you we have to know what model bike/carb you have.

Comment

Working...
                      X