Where to buy seat cover '82 750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy seat cover '82 750E

I would like to replace the seat vinyl on my 1982 GS750E.
    Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this year/model?
    Has anyone who has already done this have any tips?

Thanks in advance....Steve L.

The '82 seat is shaped alot like my '85 700 seat. The last time mine got covered I did it myself. I got tired of upholstery shops wanting to do seams in my covers. I went to a fabric shop and got marine grade vinyl. It comes in black and quite a few other colors. It has more stretch in one direction than the other which makes it work well on bike seats. You don't need any special tools other than a staple gun and short staples. It might cost all of $10 to cover your own seat.

Comment

I had mine done at a shop along with getting the foam replaced and beefed up. Costs less than $100.

Comment

I believe the '82 GS750 had a set like the older '80 and '81 GS1100E...they just went with a round headlight in '82 for the 750. You can order a seat cover from Dennis Kirk or JC Whitney. JC Whitney has the exact same cover as Dennis Kirk but it is $10 less at Whitney. Around $50 should do it.

If your bike looks like this, go with the seatcover for the '80 to '81 GS1100E:

Hope this helps,

Hap

Comment

When I redid my seat I used marine grade vinyl too. Instead of staples though I used a hot melt glue gun for temporary hold and 1/4 inch self tapping screws with cup washers.
          If you take your old cover off and lie it down on the floor on top of the new vinyl, trace around it with chalk and cut out the pattern you will be in good shape to start fastening. Mark the center front and the center back and stretch the vinyl tight as you can. If there are puckers spread them out between several screws so they don't show on top and use the glue gun to give you some leeway in placing the screws.
          Mine cost less than 25 bucks, and I like the seamless look and feel of it.
          I also shaved some foam off to narrow the seat and give myself more reach for the ground...worked great.
          good luck!
          Silver

Comment

Working...
          X