What kind of Pingel Petcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of Pingel Petcock

I need to repair or replace my petcock on my 1980 GS850GT.

I've done a search and have found many recommendations for going with the pingel petcocks instead of stock.

I went to the site but need help on determining which petcock to fit.

Which one will work the best for my bike and fit in the right spot and everything.

Thanks.

--Dwight

You must measure the distance between the mounting screws in order to get the correct bracket
    The valves themselves screw into the mounting brackets. Be sure you are getting a pingle with a reserve position as some can b purchased without reserve. Note the size of your fuel line and have that info ready when ordering. I have sumized that in many cases ordering pingels by application doesnt always return the correct valve fit. These folks have an 800 number and usually are priced fairly http://www.murdochracing.com

Comment

Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the pingle petcock require a fuel shut off valve since they are not controlled by vacuum.

Comment

You are correct...they have no vacuum cut off. They do have an off position to stop all flow to the carbs. If your float needles are in good shpae you normally do not have to worry about it but if one or more of them stick (which has been known to happen) fuel could flood the carbs and crankcase. The safe thing to do is make it a habit to cut off your fuel when you stop.

Hap

Comment

So, I guess you guys are recommending going with the pingel since no one told me that I was an idiot for considering such a thing! Of course - Nick Diaz hasn't posted a reply yet.

(BTW Nick - I like your straight forward answers.)

Thanks eveybody for your help!

--Dwight

Comment

Originally posted by dwigbrad
            So, I guess you guys are recommending going with the pingel since no one told me that I was an idiot for considering such a thing! Of course - Nick Diaz hasn't posted a reply yet.

(BTW Nick - I like your straight forward answers.)

Thanks eveybody for your help!

--Dwight
            Yeah, I guess we did ramble a little...I've had a Pingel on my bike for over three years with no problems. I believe Scotty also runs a Pingel. Quality stuff.

Hap

Comment

Working...
            X