GS1100EZ fork oil capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100EZ fork oil capacity

Need to know the recommended weight and capacity. Thanks.

Weight is 10 or 15w. I use 15 because I am large and I ride in a spirited manner. Amount is just over 16 oz. per tube. I'm not at home, so I can't give the exact volume, but it was something like 16.7 oz. per tube. You really should measure the height of the liquid in the tube, rather than the volume you put in it. Someone else should be able to explain.
    And be sure and use fork oil, don't cheap out and use ATF, which has an inconsistent viscosity.

Comment

Sh!t ! I put a cup in each. I think thats only 8oz.....Crap ! Now I gotta do a search..............

1 0z = 29.5 mls. I put in 236 mls
      Last edited by bonanzadave; 01-27-2008, 04:53 PM.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
        Sh!t ! I put a cup in each. I think thats only 8oz.....Crap ! Now I gotta do a search..............

1 0z = 29.5 mls. I put in 236 mls
        That's what someone told me too.. I guess I better double check

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=103293

Comment

That would be moi...I think that spec was from the factory or owner's manual. Generally, if using aftermarket springs (Progressive etc), the specification is by oil height (measured from the top of the tube) rather than volume...this is because the new springs are beefier than the wimpy stock items, and displace more oil.
          Tony.

EDIT: I just pulled out the Suzuki shop manual....the 80/81 1100E takes 238 ml (8.04 oz) in each leg....the '82 EZ takes slightly more, at 246 ml (8.3oz) each leg. I should have asked which year, before providing the info...sorry about that, Dardoonk!
          Last edited by Mysuzyq; 01-27-2008, 08:28 PM.
          '82 GS1100E

Comment

Yes, fork oil capacities depend on the year and the model of the bike.

Another example:
            850G takes 251 ml (8.46 oz) in each leg.
            850GL takes 302 ml (10.20 oz) in each leg.

Looks like you got your correct specs, this is just a reminder to keep an eye on all the details.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
                That would be moi...I think that spec was from the factory or owner's manual. I should have asked which year, before providing the info...sorry about that, Dardoonk!
                No problem, it wasn't even ready to ride until Thanksgiving... I learned I do not have stock springs in it either, so I'll just recheck it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X