How standard are kickstands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How standard are kickstands

I was wondering how standard are the kickstand designs across the GS lineup? I ask this because one of my friends bought an '82 750 (mine is a '78 550) and has left it sitting in my other friend's driveway for a while. He never really liked the bike to begin with and has since moved to Jordan. That frees the bike up for free pickins but before I grab his kickstand to replace mine, would it fit on my bike?

I just did a quick search on Bike Bandit and found that none of the part numbers are the same. In fact, even the '78 750 stands are different from the '82 stands.

Best I could recommend is grab it and see. 8-[

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Speaking of which, you kinda fell off the radar last time we talked about repairing your stand... I'm still willing to weld on a new "nub" for you if you like.

Let me know...

Regards,

Comment

i've used stands from different bikes, some not even suzuki ones some fit straight away & some need playing with ! as Steve said grab it & give it a go :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
          Speaking of which, you kinda fell off the radar last time we talked about repairing your stand... I'm still willing to weld on a new "nub" for you if you like.

Let me know...

Regards,
          I know, I kinda put it off and made due with the way it is now. By the time I thought about the weld, it was too cold. As soon as it warms up, I'll stop by again.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirleySerious View Post
            I know, I kinda put it off and made due with the way it is now. By the time I thought about the weld, it was too cold. As soon as it warms up, I'll stop by again.
            Well, it's still 49 degrees here in Buffalo Grove. I'd say you have about an hour before it drops back into the single digits - hehe!!!

See you in the spring!

Regards,

Comment

Working...
            X