X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 more question 4 the jet kit experts

KN stage 1 jet kit for '85 gs1150ef
    My kit tells me to "drill the slide lift holes"
    I understand all aspects of the re-jetting but I'm not certain what I'm supposed to drill : (
    My manual shows no picture os the "slide lift hole"
    please help.
    P.S- should I run a dyno test before the re-jetting or just after?

Your slides have a hole in the bottom of them. The jet kit will have a bit to enlarge the hole a tiny bit to work in conjunction with new slide springs for better throttle response.

Comment

oh,
      The kit didn't say anything about purchasing new springs.
      If this is the case, how do I know what size springs to get?
      Is this procedure necessary?
      -more confused

Comment

The K&N kit may not utilize new return springs. The Dynojet kits do. If not just drill the slides as per instructions.

Comment

ok just drill and use the old springs I got it.
          thx!
          Hopefully I can find this slide lift hole the picture in the instructions is poop! I've never taken apart carbs before, maybe i'll know it when I see it :?

Comment

It's on the bottom flat surface of the slide near the needle. You can't miss it. You'll need a set of hemostats or needle nose pliers to pull the circlip out that holds the needles in the slide. The kits make rebuilding the carbs a breeze. Just use the settings the kit calls for and you'll be in the ballpark tuning-wise.

Comment

Thx for the tips billy I appreciate it.
              Im a little nervous cause I'm tackling this project tomorrow.
              Got any other tips for a rookie?

Comment

It's a breeze. The most important thing to be careful about is drilling out the plug over the idle screws. Drill as close to center as you can so you don't screw up the threads underneath the plugs that the jets screw into. And use the proper size screwdriver for removing and adjusting them. The threads are very soft and easily damaged. One other thing you might want to consider doing is replacing the float bowl bolts with socket cap (allen head) bolts. The stock philips are soft and round out. It only cost a couple bucks to replace all 16, you'll be glad you did later.

Comment

right on!!!!!!!!
                  thats gonna be the easiest part for me...
                  there is no plug nothin but idle screw
                  Thx again!

Comment

Working...
                  X