Which carbs for GSX1100SXZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Wire Wheel Katman,
    Your spot on with the spec's, great to hear from a rider that has owned one very exotic big Kat, and as far as I am aware the rarest in captivity!Were the 82' 6 Hour Kats 1100's ? If so, were they the 1075 or 1074 block? Hope you still have the baby, cheers.
    Badgezz, we don need noh stinkin' badgezz!
    Shin-Ken 1074
    1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
    1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Sorry Tone, I had ment that reply for McDuck5, looks like I would have got that time zone wrong anyway.
      Shin-Ken 1074
      1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
        Hi Wire Wheel Katman,
        Your spot on with the spec's, great to hear from a rider that has owned one very exotic big Kat, and as far as I am aware the rarest in captivity!Were the 82' 6 Hour Kats 1100's ? If so, were they the 1075 or 1074 block? Hope you still have the baby, cheers.
        It's the 1074 and yes, I still have it. I literally dreamt of owning one for 20 years so I don't ever intend parting with it now. I have a friend who also has one and who was the person at Suzuki N.Z. who ordered the 20 into N.Z. He has set about trying to locate as many of them as possible and has only been able to track down about 12. I have got mine back to almost mint condition - just let down slightly by the condition of the seat. I am on a quest to find a good original one.

Comment

At last some hands on info about the NZ 6 Hour Kat. Got to admire your 20 year quest for the real deal glad to see you bag one. I don't know the how or why there is a 1074 and a 1075 block, something to chase down at a later date. I've had my 1100 since 1986, took four years to track a wire wheel down but worth the effort to this day. Iam the third owner and the original owner and the bloke I bought it from still have first and second options on a buy back, sorry to disappoint but I could never part with her. Your mate who organised the specs for the 6 Hour Kats, would his initals be R. C. by any chance? Iam after a genuine grey/blue rayskin seat for mine as well, if I find two I'll let you know about second one. Just remember the Kat Mantra: "I must never sell the Kat".
          Shin-Ken 1074

Comment

Dink,
            Do you know what the specs for the Bathurst model are, apart from the wire wheels? 1100? 1000? carbs?
            Shin-Ken 1074

Comment

tone,
              The reason Iam trying to nail down the specs for my Kat is that for the last 22 years I had understood that it was one of the wire wheeled Bathurst model Katanas. Seems that may not be the case so I would like to determine exactly which model I do have. If you don't ask you'll never know. Then there are the gems that turn up out of the blue, Wire Wheel Katman and his E27 NZ 6 Hour, now that is not just info, thats KATANA HISTORY! Not yelling, just wrapped to know there are still some left on the road, cheers.
              Shin-Ken 1074

Comment

You are aware of cause that the seats are still available brand new genuine!!!

Dink

Comment

I'm positive you'll find that the Australian Wire Wheels (which I've always known as the "Bathurst") had the standard 34mm CVs.

Another bike that would be great to track down would be a "Black Piper". Suzuki N.Z. imported 12 in 1980 (GSX1100T) and 20 in 1981 (GSX1100X) for those years 6 Hour races. They had the spoke wheels, slide carbs and the two inner header pipes were silver chromed instead of black.
                  Last edited by Guest; 02-04-2008, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dink View Post
                    You are aware of cause that the seats are still available brand new genuine!!!

Dink
                    Yes, but not in the original brushed vinyl material.

Comment

They were until recently, I ordered one in Dec 07 and the answer here was the 1100 grey/blue seat is now a deleted line. Spoke with Suziparts in SA and they don't have one and were not able to source one in Dec.
                      Shin-Ken 1074

Comment

The 34mmCVs feature on nearly all the 1100 wire wheel Kats I've seen both in the flesh and net images. There is an NZ 6 Hour in the "Your Kats" at Katana Central, your maybe? The "Black Piper" import were they a 4 into 2 or 4 into 1 system for the 1980 and 1981?
                        Shin-Ken 1074

Comment

I'm watching this thread with interest & am learning a lot :-D

Just a thought but for those hard to find kat bits you could always try http://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/ they carry a load of NOS & are a big company so i doubt they would have problems shipping anywhere :-D an email is probably best as the main site is only really set up to flog the modern stock, they list on the uk ebay site too :-D

Hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
                            The 34mmCVs feature on nearly all the 1100 wire wheel Kats I've seen both in the flesh and net images. There is an NZ 6 Hour in the "Your Kats" at Katana Central, your maybe? The "Black Piper" import were they a 4 into 2 or 4 into 1 system for the 1980 and 1981?
                            No, neither of the N.Z. WWs on Katana Central are my one. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a decent sized photo here.

The 1980 Black Pipers were mid-blue while the 1981 ones were silver. The exhaust was 4 into 2.

Comment

Just looked at the 1100SXZ's at Kat Central no NZ 6 Hour, right bike wrong site, sorry about Chief, missed by that much. Will keep looking as it is the only image of the model I have found so far. Will post site when found.
                              Shin-Ken 1074

Comment

Thanks, photo would be great. As I mentioned to tone, once mine is presentable again I'll attempt to post photos. Could be a painful for a techno gumbbie like me, but we'll see how it goes.
                                Shin-Ken 1074

Comment

Working...
                                X