IT's Alive !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT's Alive !!

1st run after complete engine overhaul. You can hear the flatslide carbs clattering

1st start-up this afternoon.

1978 Suzuki GS1000. Trued, indexed, welded crank. 1085 kit, Valve job. Fresh powder coated frame.

Sounds like it's ready to fly :-D

Comment

Originally posted by SabreJim View Post
      Sounds like it's ready to fly :-D
      ....and looks very nice too!
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Sounds and looks GREAT !!! Let me know how you like those flat slides. I love how easy they are to tune but that throttle spring is a killer.

Comment

Nice!!! \\/
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Music .. ..

Comment

Phat!

It looks and sounds very sweet. Congratulations Mr. BlackStar! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thank You all very much! This site contributed as well with the great info found here!

The throttle spring isn't to bad on these relatively speaking. The manual says the tension is adjustable. I have not tried doing that yet.

Comment

That is the sound of love I have one question. That " tack tack tack " in there...what is it? I have the same sound in my motor, and think its my cam chain tensionor based off the screwdriver as a stethascope technique, as thats where it seems to be coming from. Im guessing its a common GS motor trait now as there are a number of them ive heard it from.

Seriously tho man that sounds amazing and looks just as good. You should be proud Comin to the Red River Rally with it?? lol

Comment

I think the carbs need sync'ed.
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

The tack tack sound is slide rattle on the carbs. It is a charactersitic of Mikuni RS Flatslide carbs. At certain load and throttle positions they will really tune up. A beautiful sounding quartet! I put them on last summer. I'm glad I had a chance to ride the bike first with the old carbs before I put the RS's on. That way I knew the motor wasn't making all that racket.
                      Iv'e actually heard "hey Mr, your bike is making a bad noise" My buddy who rides a dry clutch Ducati hears the same thing LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                        Iv'e actually heard "hey Mr, your bike is making a bad noise" My buddy who rides a dry clutch Ducati hears the same thing LOL.
                        I have a cousin that also rides the Ducks with dry clutches and the acrylic covers...the first time I heard one, it was my "words of wisdom", that he had a broken clutch spring or two.

Awesome looking / sounding bike to me...you've done wonders to it. I'm starting to favor the sound of the 4-1 exhaust (on a well built bike). :-D

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                          The tack tack sound is slide rattle on the carbs. It is a charactersitic of Mikuni RS Flatslide carbs. At certain load and throttle positions they will really tune up. A beautiful sounding quartet! I put them on last summer. I'm glad I had a chance to ride the bike first with the old carbs before I put the RS's on. That way I knew the motor wasn't making all that racket.
                          Ahh, I've heard that sound a time or two. :-D

Comment

Mmmmmmmmm

I think its the flatside carbs as ive heard them do that. Hope to hear how much power it makes as mine is simular engine setup and want to compare. Nice bike.
                            Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                            That is the sound of love I have one question. That " tack tack tack " in there...what is it? I have the same sound in my motor, and think its my cam chain tensionor based off the screwdriver as a stethascope technique, as thats where it seems to be coming from. Im guessing its a common GS motor trait now as there are a number of them ive heard it from.

Seriously tho man that sounds amazing and looks just as good. You should be proud Comin to the Red River Rally with it?? lol

Comment

Nice. Shame about the yellow headers though.

Comment

Working...
                              X