Indicator control unit mounting point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator control unit mounting point

On taking my 1000S to bits the indicator box was dangling in behind the battery on a piece of string. (note - not the flasher unit but the box about the size of a packet of cigarettes - the 'indicator control unit'). Does anyone know how and where is it meant to be mounted properly 'cos I can't figure it out?
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

flasher unit

Hi
    Its atached by a rubber strap about 4iches long on the side off Battery tray
    dont think about buying a new one only about £300.00.
    Last edited by gshub; 02-03-2008, 04:52 PM. Reason: cant spell

Comment

Thanks Steve - I'll have a look in my 'big box of bits' to see if I can find something. I won't be re-using the string!
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Just wrap the box in a couple of wraps of sticky backed insulation foam such as commonly used in doorways. That will isolate the box from vibration and then "strap" it in place with a large wire tie. Some models of GS have a mount blade that is welded to the top right side of the frame directly under the lright rear of the gas tank about 4 inches forward of the #3 carb.

Earl

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
        Thanks Steve - I'll have a look in my 'big box of bits' to see if I can find something. I won't be re-using the string!
        Last edited by earlfor; 02-04-2008, 08:08 PM.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
        X