X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory SHop Manuals

I need one for my '83 GS1100ESD.

A few qestion to the pros:

1. Was there a specific manual for the ESD?
    2. Will an '82 suffice?
    3. I located one on-line with a print date of Apr/02. Would this by chance cover the '83's?

Thanks as usual

There isn't one specifically for the 1100ES. I have a factory GS1100 Service Manual. The way it is set up is Chapter 1 through 11 is under the tab "GS1100T". Chapter 12 is tabbed "GS1100L ('80 Model)". Chapter 13 is "GS1100EX" ('81 Model). Chapter 14 is tabbed "GS1000SZ ('82 Model)". Chapter 15 is "GS1100EZ ('82 Model)". Chapter 16 is tabbed "GS1100ED ('83 Model)". I would assume that Chapter 17 (which I don't have) would be for the 1100ESD, and Chapter 18 (which I also don't have) would be for the 1100SD.

Be careful when purchasing a factory service manual online. Many that are advertised for a specific year/model are actually only single chapter supplements, which don't do you a lot of good. Before you purchase, ask the seller how many pages the manual is. It should be about 200-250 pages. If it's only about 40 pages, it's a supplementary chapter.

Bid accordingly.
    Last edited by Griffin; 02-04-2008, 09:34 PM.
    sigpic

SUZUKI:
    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

The last time that I checked, Suzuki still sold brand new manuals for GSes. Expensive, but you'll know that you're getting everything for your particular model. That would mean the base manual plus any applicalbe supplements.
      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

If you order an 83 GS 1100 manual frtom your dealer it will COME with the insert for the ES, along with the Katana & others. Ray.

Comment

have you tried in here?

Comment

Order one from your dealer. Best $90 you will ever spend. I can't imagine trying to cheap out trying to save $30 and getting a questionable reference. Spend a bit and get the BIBLE for your bike, written by the people that built it. I always buy a factory manual for my bikes and have never regretted spending the bit extra for a true factory manual with all the info you could need.

Speaking of manuals, why do all MX bikes come with a shop manual, but $15K street bikes don't?? What is up with that?

Mark

Comment

I got a factory 650G manual for 48 dollars delivered about 2 yers ago. It came with every supplement and the fiche parts pages. I thought it was a pretty good deal since it was in perfect shape.

The factory manuals are worth it if you are keeping the GS and truly need to do anything to it. IF your inclined to just change the oil and not repair it at a high level it might be a bit much. Of course if you ever sell the bike, the factory manual is a nice plus that can help get more money for it.
              1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
              1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I bought one here for my 83 1100GLD. I bought the manual for the G and it has special sections in the back for the GL, GK, GD, GLD, GKR, and GE. I think this is the one you are looking for.

82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
                81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
                83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
                06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" :eek: http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
                AKA "Mr Awesome" ;)

Comment

I just got my full factory book from this guy bikebooks10@hotmail.com very helpful, very knowledgable highly recomended his name is tom, good price and it sounds like hes got a whole mess of manuals available. shoot him an email.

nick

Comment

I agree, spend the money on the full manual, a must for the GS owner. I do have the full manual with all of the extra chapters, it's well worth it. Check Ebay, they are on there once in awhile.

Comment

Working...
                    X