Oil leak from forks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil leak from forks

I`ve changed to new oil seal on both fork, and put on new fork oil, but on my test drive today, there were coming a lot of oil up from the dust seal cover. Why ???? Could it be a little to much oil in the fork? or are there other possebilities???
    Anyone that have some tips ???

KnutK

How did the rest of the fork parts look, aside from the oil seals ? I spent almost 1500,- nok on parts for my forks - most of what was in there was rusted to bits.

Comment

The parts looks perfect for me, no scratches or other damages. It looks like it leaks less after a longer test drive.
      ( Have to look/test more tomorrow and see if the leak stops)
      The strange thing is that it looks like it leak the same volume from each fork.
      Knutk

Comment

do you, by chance, install them upside down?

Mark

1978 gs750
        32, XXX km
        slightly modified 8-valve engine (Custom oil filler cap!!)
        old kerker exhaust

Comment

OK, there must have been to much oil in the forks. I`ve test the bike on a long ride today, and after a few kilometers the leak stopped and are now excelent. Thank you for your support.

KnutK

Comment

I've read that if you don't have the same exact amount of oil in each fork, that you can bend your front axle. You should check them for the proper amount as recommended.

Terry

Comment

Working...
            X