Any Chicagoans want to wrench together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Chicagoans want to wrench together?

This is my first bike, and I need to do some work on it before the riding season is back in full swing. However, I'm not very experienced with working on a bike and don't have a decent tool set or any power tools. I'm hoping I could find a guy or group of guys that could get together and wrench on our bikes and have some fun.

I need to replace the fork seals (they're leaking slightly) and put new bolts in the exhaust headers (they rattle), plus some basic maintenance work before I am riding a lot in the spring and summer.

I'm more than willing to pick up some beer and pizza (or LifeWater and tofu if you're a healthy hippy ). I live downtown (Wicker Park area), and could travel in the city on the bike when the roads are clear. Just let me know if anyone is interested!!

OK, so I'm a former Chicagoan (west side, LaGrange/Hinsdale area), but now live in southwest oHIo. Bring it on down and we can get it fixed up. 8-[

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I would! But I don't know if the GS could make it!

Comment

I moved to Waukegan last May. Prior to that we were right in your neck of the woods. Its probably not too convenient for either of us. But I can give you my email if you want to PM me. I've been through most of what you're venturing in to.

Comment

Thanks for the offer drhach. I might PM you some time. Did you know any GSers in the area from before?

Comment

I'm new to this as well and saw that I am getting a tiny oil leak on my front right shock so those seals will also need to be replaced. I'd love to do it with someone else.

I don't have a garage so I can't host

Comment

Working...
            X