Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you purchase multicolored wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you purchase multicolored wire?

Does any have a source for multicolored wires? I.E. red with white strip or black with white strip. I am considering doing a whiring hanrness from scratch and would like to reaming consistant with the wiring diagram. I don't think it would be that difficult if a person had all the right pieces to start with. Most wire sources I have found on-line (or store) have single wire / single color.

Thanks -- what a great forum

Waytek Wire and Del City wiring are two sources BUT the minimum order quantities for striped wire will build 100s of bike harnesses!

For smaller quantities, try Painless Wiring, but you will very likely not be able find every color combination you want.

Street rodders sometimes use really neat wire that has labels on it every few inches like "brake light" or "ignition" - I think Painless makes that but I could be wrong.

Comment

Go to an auto junkyard, you can pull entire looms off the engine and from the interior, most times they will just give it to you,
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I get wire for airplane projects from...

A E Petsche http://www.aepetsche.com/english/AEP-swf.htm

or

K L Tannehill http://www.kltannehill.com/products.htm
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

in U.K. has almost anything you could ask for, but with transportation, taxes it may be too expensive.

BR
          Stig
          77 GS550B

Comment

CHeck with www.JCWhitney.com they have wire assortment with different colors

Comment

Working...
            X