bowl drain screw removal help. (boring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bowl drain screw removal help. (boring)

well, guys, i took the carbs off the bike. my intake boot orings were garbage (duh), with a ~2mm crack in the one on the #3....maybe that explains why it was slow to warm up and the pipe was blued? lean? so, it is good i took the plunge to do this. new rings are ordered from mr barr. (the check is in the mail. tomorrow.:-D)

so, my boring question is this: 2 of the brass bowl drain screws are stuck....i am sure the anser is some pb blaster? i will get some tomorrow....but they are already a bit torn up (some of this is the po's fault, but more is mine...) so...where is a good place to get replacements? i havent searched bike bandit or anywhere, i am lazy so i figured i would ask here first, save me some waiting with my dial-up connection. thanks again for your help, all!!

greg
    1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

you can replace them with stainless steel bolts - allen head or hex head - with appropriate washer seals you don't need to tighten them too much - and you'll be right for the life of the bike
    GS850GT

Comment

oh, duh, that is a good idea. any idea what size they are? would my clymer book have that info? should i just bring them in somewhere and match them up? remember, i am new. and slow.....
      1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

M6 x 1.00 just like most everything else on the bike.

Comment

Working...
        X