For Australian Gs Owners Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Australian Gs Owners Only

Hi Guys. I have the head and cylinders off my 550B and thought I would do the carby thing while they are off the bike. In all the US posts that talk about cleaning the carbs up they talk about carb cleaner and other solutions that I have never heard of and I guess are not sold in OZ. Is there anything that I can soak my carbs in that is obtainable in Australia. A couple I have seen mentioned are Berryman's and Seafoam. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Cheers Don

I use spray carb cleaner and time, having said that I spray carb cleaner into a glass jar, and soak the jets etc in there with the lid screwed on.

Dink
    Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2008, 03:54 PM. Reason: Tai-ping

Comment

Any carb cleaner or brake cleaner from your local automotive shop will do the job :-D

Comment

OK. Thanks Guys.

Comment

Where in Sydney are you Don? Maybe we could go for a ride sometime?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
            Hi Guys. I have the head and cylinders off my 550B and thought I would do the carby thing while they are off the bike. In all the US posts that talk about cleaning the carbs up they talk about carb cleaner and other solutions that I have never heard of and I guess are not sold in OZ. Is there anything that I can soak my carbs in that is obtainable in Australia. A couple I have seen mentioned are Berryman's and Seafoam. Any help greatly appreciated.
            Cheers Don
            Likely Don, any of your localy available carb cleaners come in a non spray form. Berrymans is actually a multipurpose parts cleaner, but ive only used it for carbs and some brake parts. They also make their own version of a spray, i think called Chemtool or something like that. Have a look at your local autoparts store, or ask someone who works there. Im sure they would be able to point you the way

Comment

Originally posted by Zooks View Post
              Where in Sydney are you Don? Maybe we could go for a ride sometime?
              South side. Sutherland. Might be a while though. I have the head and barrels off the bike. I have some (6) stripped cam retainer cap bolt holes in the head that will not take a standard Recoil 6mm insert. So looks like it might be a machine shop job. Where do you hail from.
              Cheers
              Don

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                Likely Don, any of your localy available carb cleaners come in a non spray form. Berrymans is actually a multipurpose parts cleaner, but ive only used it for carbs and some brake parts. They also make their own version of a spray, i think called Chemtool or something like that. Have a look at your local autoparts store, or ask someone who works there. Im sure they would be able to point you the way
                OK. Thanks Cafe. Good idea. Plenty of carb sprays here. Have never seen any stuff in cans though. Will ask at auto shops when I get around to it. Haven't got that far yet. just doing some research so when I get the motor back together I'll be ready to do the carb job. thanks again. Great site. Terrific help.

Comment

I'm up near Windsor.

Comment

Hey Zooks I am only a couple of hours north of you, and there are some fantastic roads between us.

Dink

Comment

Couple? Depends on speed I guess, LOL.
                      You are right about there being some fantastic roads though. Some of the best in the world for motorcycle riding (I would guess).

Putty Road, Old Pacific Hwy between Sydney and Newcastle etc. We should organise a ride sometime.

Comment

I'm up near Windsor.
                        I'm up near Windsor.
                        Yes Dave it would be good to hook up some time. Could be a month or two before the GS is back on the road. But we'll do it sometime. Nice roads around Windsor. Nice pub at McGrath's Hill too.

Comment

I'll look forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                          X