Smoked Retifier/Regulator R/R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Retifier/Regulator R/R

Hey Fellow GS owners, I just patched 5-7 small holes in my very (Needs to be Por-15 or Creamed) 1985 GS700ES fuel tank, with liquid steel sqwish and nead (gray) epoxy.. Cleaned my petcock and let it set overnight. Put in on today and NO LEAKS !! Put in size 130 Main Jets (Stock 122.5) and what a difference, no rap the throttle stumble. I have a 4 into 1 and beat up Uni-Pods (will replace soon), and will also go up one size on the pilot jet from 37.5 to a 40 This is a bike that cost me $75.00 and it sounds / runs pretty strong so far; havent had it out on the road yet... Anyway I went to check the charging circut (voltage at batt first) and noticed that the person who owned it before me had the R/R dissconnected?? With the bike running all the lights work (Headlight/Taillight/Brake/gear indicator/turn signals(Now do)/and some of the gauge lights) The Gauge cluster itself is totaled, no cover and ?? years in weather/rain/snow/etc did its damage. With the bike off I plugged it in and started the bike (starts right up now with new battery) and with in a few seconds I let the SMOKE out of the R/R... I've read the Stator papers and plan to do the complete checks, but I am also thinking that somthing is SHORTED Duh!! Any thoughts please let me know, I now need a new R/R min and ?? what else but must find the short first. Anybody have a R/R around?

Recommendation

Mr. Rkt-Rch,

Mr. duaneage should have your 100% compatible Honda r/r upgrade part. Mine is working great. Send him a PM.

Or you can pay three times as much for a new wimpy Suzuki part or aftermarket (Electrex?), or take your chances on ebay. There are other options too, but Mr. duageage can hook you up, no muss, no fuss.

Mr. duaneage and I have no affiliation other than I'm a satisfied customer. :-D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I have several available for immediate delivery, 40 dollars delivered. PM me for details.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

+1 on the Duaneage special. Great part, great price, and even supplies tech support if needed! Yet another member of the GSR who provides a service specifically for GSs and a high quality one at that! Thanks Duane!

Comment

If you go the Ebay route, don't bid on a Suzuki reg, get a Honda reg 78-82 aprox vintage

Comment

Working...
          X