loose idle adjuster knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loose idle adjuster knob

hello.I've been trying to get my 1980 gs 850 running properly.I thought everything is going right due to all the info on this site.I now take the bike on a ride,And the main idle adjuster underneath the carbs,keeps coming undone,loose,or whatever you call it.This in turn makes my bike not want to idle when i stop.I've tested tis over and over.The screw unscrews itself maybe because of vibration.How can I make this setup nice and tight once the right idle speed is put on it? Thanks for your help. Rod

Are you missing the spring that tensions the knob?

Comment

and if you're not missing it, it may be worn out, or the knob out to far for it to have any effect??

Comment

Or the thread could be partially stripped.

Comment

Sorry Cafe, I didn't read your post correctly. You did say "it may be worn out".

Comment

No worries mate Just shows that after a while, we all become part of the collective mind that is the GSR. I love it

Comment

thanks.

Hello.I got my trusty mechanics mirror out to see underneath the carb.Sure enough,the spring was not there.I took the one off my spare carb set, and put it on the screw in bolt.It was a pain to do it,because the airbox is in the way for the screw to come out far enough.But with some patience,and small hands,this job is accomplished.I'm sure there is more to come.Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                No worries mate Just shows that after a while, we all become part of the collective mind that is the GSR. I love it
                Yeah its amazing isn't it, we live absolutely thousands of miles apart, live in different cultures and we can still manage to think alike on many issues.

Comment

Working...
                X