No announcement yet.

Where is the petcock knob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the current microfiche's are to be believed there ARE a few oddball models that had levers in 1980, but I checked a variety of models (not all) and the following models had leverless (and the fiche still reflects this):

GS1000E
    GS1000S (Wes Cooley)
    GS550L
    GS750E
    GS1100E
    etc.
    etc.

The weird thing is that mixed in are a few versions of these and other models that appear to have a levered units (according to the current fiche), even though through the years almost everyone whose posted (in my memory) had leverless units and thought the lever had broken off (myself included way back when)...

Regards,

Comment

Mr. Planecrazy,

In the above case, does PRIme setting also perform the REServe function? Just curious.

Are you calling my "Jessie" an oddball? [-X

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
        Mr. Planecrazy,

In the above case, does PRIme setting also perform the REServe function? Just curious.

Are you calling my "Jessie" an oddball? [-X

BassCliff
        LOL! I would NEVER call YOUR Jessie and oddball ... somebody else's? Sure!

I honestly don't know if the PRIme setting performs as a REServe, but I would guess not, since these leverless units really aren't designed to be tampered with at all, especially on the side of the road. Unless you have exactly the right sized flat-bladed screwdriver you're not going to be able to turn the valve anyway.

Thank YOU for your indulgence, and
        Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
          If the current microfiche's are to be believed there ARE a few oddball models that had levers in 1980, but I checked a variety of models (not all) and the following models had leverless (and the fiche still reflects this):

GS1000E
          GS1000S (Wes Cooley)
          GS550L
          GS750E
          GS1100E
          etc.
          etc.

The weird thing is that mixed in are a few versions of these and other models that appear to have a levered units (according to the current fiche), even though through the years almost everyone whose posted (in my memory) had leverless units and thought the lever had broken off (myself included way back when)...

Regards,
          And, that includes my '80 GS850L........:-D

Comment

Curiosity killed the GS

Hmmm. Just to satisfy my curiosity then... So the leverless petcocks have no reserve setting? You just run out of gas with no warning?

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
              Hmmm. Just to satisfy my curiosity then... So the leverless petcocks have no reserve setting? You just run out of gas with no warning?

BassCliff
              Well, in the case of my 550L theres a nice big fuel gauge staring me in the face ... so I wouldn't exactly say there's NO warning - hehe!

Regards,

Comment

Hope this helps clear things up.
                it does, thanks :-D
                mine is a jap model by the way, maybe that plays a role too...
                GS850GT

Comment

Thanks, Emjay! I meant to look that up and post it but you beat me to it!!

Regards,
                  I'm on their site a lot.

Comment

Working...
                  X