handlebars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

handlebars

i'm hitting the same debate i think lots of people run into. i want to change the handlebars. i am stuck between a set of clipons or clubman bars.
    its a 77gs750. my first question would have to be would clipons from a gsxr fit onto my fork.
    whats peoples opinions on looks and feel. is their much of a riding style difference, because i plan on lowering the front end about an or so. would they ride differently or feel different. are their advantages or disadvantages to either setup.

any help is greatly appreciated.

You ever use clubmans?
    I recommend the Euro bars from bikemaster.

Comment

If you HAVE to have the old school look...clubmans are the way to go. Most people prefer the riding position of the superbike bars or the flat, drag bars.

I had clubmans on my old 550 and sold them. I'm young, flexible and I have monkey arms...still no go there. Unless you are building a period cafe racer, look elsewhere.

Comment

Unless you only plan to ride the bike less that 1/2 hour at a time, I would forget the clubman bars. The angle on the grips twists your wrists inwards while causing your hands to have to point outwards and becomes painful in short order. LOL

Earl
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I am old, and I can touch my palms flat on the floor; I still prefer the superbike bars!

Comment

I have the flat bars and love them. At one point I had two GS650's, one with the flat bars and the other with the stock bars. I could ride both all day long. The flat bars lean you into the wind so for me it helps a lot. I sold the one gs with the stock bars and kept this one:

and other angle:

Comment

Wow I like the look of those bars. Did you have to change any cables or lines? How wide are they? I would like to do something like that on my GS.

Comment

i'm not planning any log rides really. i have friends with clubmans and they do trips to the florida keys, its only like 2 hours and they take 1 stop or so.
                its between clipons and clubmans because i don't like the look of any of those other bar types. i like cafe looks, but do also like the newer look of gettin low on the tank.

Comment

I'm not sure because that is how I bought it. It does look like they are the stock cables though. Its most likely an easy switch over. My bike is back home in Maine, while i'm away at college in PA, so until spring break I will not know for sure.

Comment

I have the Euro Bikemaster bars. The stock clutch cable for the S model fits perfectly. Would also work well for Daytona & probably the flat ones too.

Dan
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                    X