I notice something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice something

in this illustration the intake boots have what they call a ring and the clamp. On my bike all I have are the clamps. Do I need the rings as well? What would happen if I didn't have the rings? Also when ordering the boots, there are two different types. Are they different sizes or something? Any answers are appreciated thanks!

Cory

p.s. someone will have to teach me how to post pics on here. It is different than my other forums.

We're pretty sure you own a 550, but from there, we don't have E.S.P. So... what year?
    and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

have a look here for your particular model, and yes, do make sure all the parts on the fiche are on your bike as well

also, it helps if you put your bike model and year in your signature
      GS850GT

Comment

I have a 1981 GS550

The micro-fische is the correct one for my bike. I was just wondering the importance of the part, and why I wouldn't have it on mine?

Comment

You need the rings to keep and seal the airbox boots in the airbox. I always used the rings until I ditched the airbox.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Cory you need both parts for the boots. If you look at the part numbers accompanying the illustration you will see that you require 2 of each part. That equals 4 in total. Which is what you need for a four cylinder bike. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by KRISTI'SGS550 View Post
              Also when ordering the boots, there are two different types. Are they different sizes or something?
              i think you'll find that there is a left and a right boot
              GS850GT

Comment

When I took my airbox off I discovered I had one of four rings. This could have accompanied my vacuum/air flow/fuel problems?

Cory

Comment

Working...
                X