GS 1100GL Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1100GL Wiring Diagram

A few months back, someone on the forum sent me a color image of the wiring diagram for an 82 GS 1100GL. I have just finished re-building my computer from a catastrophic hard drive crash. I there for lost this image, and could use it again. If someone here still has this image, could you please send it to me, as I am currently still working on replacing the wiring harness on the bike.

Thanks,

was it "basscliff"? check out his website
    GS850GT

Comment

I have a couple versions that have been posted in times past, but have found problems with them. The Clymer manual is NOT corrrect.

For most intents and purposes, the color 850 diagram that is posted on BassCliff's website will also work for your 1100. The biggest difference is that the diagram is for the '80 model, so does not include information on the sidestand switch.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Here is one for the 1982 GS1100G http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...ibxtvn&thumb=4
        Enjoy!

Edit: Please read the following posts by Steve, as there may be a small mistake on the diagram. Unfortunately this is the only copy I have.
        Last edited by Guest; 02-19-2008, 02:12 AM. Reason: Refer to wire swop.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
          Here is one for the 1982 GS1100G http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...ibxtvn&thumb=4
          Enjoy!
          That is a nice colorful diagram, but please be aware that it is wrong.

I have seen problems with many different versions of these Clymer diagrams, I have not checked any of the Haynes pictures.

The problem is in the power wire. There is a red wire that goes from the battery to the fuse panel, 4th and 5th fuses. Good.
          From the right side of the 4th fuse it goes to the ignition switch. Good.
          Looking at the connections in the ignition switch, it then comes out the gray wire, which goes halfway across the page, then up and branches out to feed the lights. NOT GOOD.
          The gray wire and the orange wire are switched at the ignition key. It is the orange wire that then goes back to feed the top three fuses.

If you switch the positions of the orange and gray wires, the rest of the diagram is OK. 8-[

sigpic
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Thanks, just a copy I had in my collection. I have never used it. Thanks again for the heads up, especially anyone who intends using it.

Comment

I have seen problems in the black and white version of the '82-and-up 1100GL, diagram, too.

On that diagram, it is still wrong at the ignition switch, but also the third stator wire is incorrect. In reality, the diagram should show the wire going from the stator, up and left to a large connector. Just the other side of the connector, it should loop over to another terminal in the same connector and go back to the R/R. Instead, it appears to go over and feed the turn signals.

The '81 diagram has the stator wire loop correct, but still has the ignition switch snafu.

Although it's not in color, there is still nothing like the factory manual. 8-[

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
              X