Link to wiring diagrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to wiring diagrams

Is there such a link in order to download a preferred color version for a '83 GS1100E?

I have a Clymer book that is for the shaft-drive bikes, but the diagram is only black and white, and it's incorrect.

However, the 850 diagram that BassCliff has on his website is pretty close to what you need. I think the biggest difference is the lack of the sidestand switch.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...ibxtvn&thumb=4
      GS850GT

Comment

Here is a quote from this same subject in another thread:
        Originally posted by Steve View Post
        That is a nice colorful diagram, but please be aware that it is wrong.

I have seen problems with many different versions of these Clymer diagrams, I have not checked any of the Haynes pictures.

The problem is in the power wire. There is a red wire that goes from the battery to the fuse panel, 4th and 5th fuses. Good.
        From the right side of the 4th fuse it goes to the ignition switch. Good.
        Looking at the connections in the ignition switch, it then comes out the gray wire, which goes halfway across the page, then up and branches out to feed the lights. NOT GOOD.
        The gray wire and the orange wire are switched at the ignition key. It is the orange wire that then goes back to feed the top three fuses.

If you switch the positions of the orange and gray wires, the rest of the diagram is OK. 8-[

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X