mirror placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mirror placement

where is the best and safest place on the handlebars to place your mirrors? I have seen them on the ends( grips trimmed to fit clamp style) on th hi arcs of bars and even both.. I am a relative newbie and have never seemed to be able to get a " comfort" level from looking in the mirrors..( high speed 50 -60 + head checks can be painful and dangerous) Thank yall for your time and patience

Bar-mount them, but try to get them as far forward as possible.

Every fraction of an inch is important. That farther forward you get them, the better the angle they can reflect, and the more effective they are.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

ok this is gonna sound stupid...what do you mean by as far forward??? we talking like closer to the grips???near the brake/clutch levers??sorry I have usually left them where they were when I bought it, but there has to be a better way.. Thanks for understanding

Comment

You want them as far away from your face as possible, to increase the reflection angle. Mine are right next to the hand controls, and I'm not satisfied, so I am considering increasing the bend in the neck of the mirror to get them further out horizontally as well as moving them up the neck vertically. What it comes down to is you may need to experiment, but you MUST be able to look behind you. Getting rear ended can have devestating results.

Comment

Try to find a set with long arms that reach far to the side. I think 95% of all riders only see their shoulders and the motorcycle industry has done absolutely nothing about it. They have taken the same stance with the lethal slime that they put on new tires.

Steve

Comment

Steve, is that 'lethal slime' the reason I was cautioned not to ride on my new tires in the rain for the first (I forget how many) miles?

Comment

yeah, it is the mold release compound. You can read all about it in the General Discussion forum under "class action...". I'm taking a bashing but some people have good points.

Steve

Comment

Working...
              X