LED turn signal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED turn signal question

I just mounted up a set of LED turn signals on the rear of my 750E. Now I remeber hearing something about installing a resistor so the signals work properly or using a different relay. The problem I am having is that the signals light up but will not blink at all. They are plenty bright enough but don't blink. Anybody here mount up a set of LED signals and if so how did you wire in the resistors?

Thanks much.

The stock flasher won't operate unless there's more of a load. Either increase the load with a resister or get a modern flasher at your local auto parts store. (hint: modern electronic flasher is easier and fairly cheap...)

Comment

you need to put the resistors in parallel with the LEDs, not in series. the resistor in parallel draws more current, therefore tripping the thermal relay.

Comment

That is what I read but if you insert resistors in parallel you lower the total resistance. This does not make any sense.

Comment

its not the resistance that matters. its the current draw. if you insert a resistor in parallel, the resistor draws most of the current and the LEDs draw some. the resistors draw enough current to make the thermal switch in the relay "switch" therefore making the LED's blink. 5 ohm should be good.

Comment

Working...
          X