Dead Battery - AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Battery - AGAIN

Ok guys, here is the deal. Worked all winter on my 78 750E. New shocks, fork seals, new coils, points, rectifier, condensors, and stator. You name it - it's been fixed. I have rebuilt the carbs several times and finally have them close to perfect. The bike runs great and rides even better. I am out for a ride on fri and 15 miles the battery goes dead - bike stalls. I have replaced the stator windings. I don't have ample voltage that I should coming out of the wires. Any ideas? I am thinking the magnetic cup mounted on the end of the crank is no longer a magnet. It pulled the stator windings to it hard though when puting the cover back on . Can it be a wire, short? I guess all I am saying is HELP ME PLEASE. I am to the point of where I am ready to buy a new bike. This one is becoming undependable.

JoCo,

You say " I have replaced the stator windings".
    Does that mean you did it yourself?
    Making mistakes while re-winding stator coils is very likely. You're better off trusting that tedious job to the pros. Perhaps you should consider getting a stator from Electrex.
    If you're stator is messed up then you're running on battery only - that explains the quick drain of power.

My old Suzuki would drain the battery every few rides. I replaced the regulator/rectifier and other stuff - only to finally find out that it was the stator all along.

Comment

I bought a brand new stator whinding. All I did was install the brand new one. I didn't re-whined it myself.

Comment

First thing, go to the stator pages in the forum garage, or from the electrux site link and trouble shoot the system. Disconnect the stator wires and run the bike at 5K rpm and measure the AC voltage of the stator to verify it is working 70-90 VAC if that is ok check the wiring and the reg/rec per the stator papers

Comment

How old is the battery and how do you maintain it in the off season?

Andre

Comment

Working...
          X