Lights are on but nobody is home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights are on but nobody is home

I have a '79 GS750e and over winter replaced some of the electrical connections. The lights all work but the ignition system doesnt work. The only things i replaced was lighting wires. I did take out the head light assembly to clean it out and there are a bunch of wires going in there. I am completely stumped and its 70 and sunny out Any suggestions would be helpful

You probably knocked a wire loose in the headlight assembly. Check them all over and clean the connections and recrimp the female side for a tighter fit.

Comment

I think the wires from the ignition switch are all in the same bunch. Look at them and see if they are all connected.

Terry

Comment

I once took apart the wiring in the headlight shell of a Honda that I had. It's really easy to miss (or cross-wire) some wires when re-assembling and screw something up (as I did in the case of the Honda). If you're not absolutely sure of which wires connect to which, then get a manual with a wiring diagram. It'll save you a big headache (and possibly some money).
        Also, if your starter is not cranking, you probably burnt the fuse (near the battery) - this happened to me once as well.

Comment

Does it start with the kick-starter? If so, you might have disconnected that annoying clutch switch.

Dave W.
          Mount Joy, Pa.

Comment

Working...
          X