Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does 850 into 650 go?

Hi.
    I have checked the old Q&A and don't find the info i'm looking for.
    To the question;
    Will a 850 shafty engine and swingarm bolt staight into/onto a 650 Katana frame?
    Thanks in advance guys.

No expert here, but if memory serves, the 850s and 1000s can be exchanged with a minimum of difficulty. I don't think You can cram an 850 into that Kat.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Nope. The 650 has a much smaller frame.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

IMHO, there would be no reason to try to cram the 850 into the 650 frame. The 650G has a newer combustion chamber design and higher compression ratio that give it close to the power and torque of the 850 in a smaller package. In addition, the 650G transmission is completely different.
        sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Isn't the 650 Kat a chain drive. WHat year ?

Comment

no, it was a shaft drive.

Comment

Working...
            X