ok only fireing on plugs 3 and 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok only fireing on plugs 3 and 4

ok i been having a problem and found out today that my 83 gs550e sports bike is only fireing on plugs 3 and 4. for some reason im not getting fire on plugs 1 and 2. i hope there is someone out there that can help me. i am in need of getting it up and running

Has to be the plug caps, wires, or plugs. The coils fire two plugs: 1-4 fire together and 2-3 fire together. If you're missing on 3-4, to me...it suggests caps or wires. Have you switched things around to see if the problems follow the switch?

Comment

is it possiable that it could be the conectors down on the side of the motor where you set the top dead center for the crank cuase im getting fire on 3 and 4 but not 1 and 2

Comment

Sorry...I misread your post. However, the same logic applies. YES, check to see that all connections are clean and if you have a tube of dielectric grease, use it. I repeat, clean all your connectionss first...then if you still have no spark on 1-2, pull the plug boot off and trim back 3/4" on the wire and reinstall the plug cap.

Comment

ty for the info i ended up cleaning the plugs and redo the wires and it fixed it in fact the thing seems to run alot better then it did before

Comment

Great to hear...glad it was an easy fix! \\/ Now get out there and ride!!!! :-D

Comment

Working...
            X