1981 Gs550t Tank Fuel Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 Gs550t Tank Fuel Valve

where is a good place to buy a valve my problem is when my valve is in the on/fuel side it will not stop running fuel even when the bike is off i just got done rebuilding it so i think i need a new one

www.bikebandit.com
    www.z1enterprises.com

buy an oem rather than aftermarket part, people seem to think it makes a difference
    GS850GT

Comment

bikebandit .com is faster and flatoutmotorcycles.com is slow but cheaper.

Comment

I just bought mine from z1enterprises, I haven't gotten it yet. But I will let you know how it works.

Cory

Comment

I put a pingel on my gs1000. I couldn't be happier with it. I would never go back to a stock valve.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
            I put a pingel on my gs1000. I couldn't be happier with it. I would never go back to a stock valve.
            Yeah, it's pretty terrible when those stock vacuum operated valves work perfectly for 20 - 25 years. They don't even require the rider to have a an absolutely perfect memory. Strictly for pansies, I tell you.

Suzuki even has the nerve to keep selling petcocks for long-obsolete models for very reasonable prices! Can you believe that?

It's a very crafty example of long-range thinking -- Suzuki of the '80s helped fund their future retirements by building all these great bikes that people would want to ride for decades, and then littering them with rubber parts that routinely fail after only two decades of sitting behind the garden shed in the rain.

Now that it's 2008, they're getting rich from selling a $40-$50 petcock to almost every GS owner and laughing at us all from their gold-plated retirement homes. I tell you, the nerve and cunning of this plan make my blood boil!

So get your revenge -- don't allow Suzuki's evil plan to reach fruition. Strike back today!

Spend $80 - $100 on an Pingel petcock and adapter plate, spend a couple of days finagling to get it working and to mount it so it doesn't hit the carbs, then train yourself by the latest and most punitive operant conditioning methods to shut it off every single time you ride.

Only by such methods will we break free from the tyranny of Suzuki's diabolical planned obsolescence.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by catbed View Post
              bikebandit .com is faster and flatoutmotorcycles.com is slow but cheaper.
              I won't buy from flatoutmotorcycles any more. They required a signature upon delivery and I had a real time getting my package. Unfortunately, both me and my wife work for a living and we're not home during the day when they come by! Imagine that. I even left a note on the door saying to leave it on my doorstep to no avail. I understand the reasoning from the merchant standpoint. They have their right to their policy and I have my right to shop somewhere else.

Comment

When I worked at work (instead of home), I used to have stuff delivered to the shop. That was really nice, since I lived in an apartment at the time, where things were more likely to grow legs.
                Dogma
                --
                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                '80 GS850 GLT
                '80 GS1000 GT
                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

" Only by such methods will we break free from the tyranny of Suzuki's diabolical planned obsolescence."

That, and the rest of your comments, are pretty ----ed funny. And you raise a good point. I recently picked up an '83 Honda 650 Nighthawk and wrongfully assumed that OEM parts would be as easy to get as my poor tired GS550t that I'm rebuilding. No, that is not the case. I'd like to do a carb job on it even though it is running, but Honda no longer makes the intake boots, and I assume that Mr. Robert Barr, bless his heart, doesn't make o-ring kits for anything but the GS's. Thank goodness this bike was garaged it's whole life by the original owner.:-D

Did I mention how great this site was?

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                    Yeah, it's pretty terrible when those stock vacuum operated valves work perfectly for 20 - 25 years. They don't even require the rider to have a an absolutely perfect memory. Strictly for pansies, I tell you.

Suzuki even has the nerve to keep selling petcocks for long-obsolete models for very reasonable prices! Can you believe that?

It's a very crafty example of long-range thinking -- Suzuki of the '80s helped fund their future retirements by building all these great bikes that people would want to ride for decades, and then littering them with rubber parts that routinely fail after only two decades of sitting behind the garden shed in the rain.

Now that it's 2008, they're getting rich from selling a $40-$50 petcock to almost every GS owner and laughing at us all from their gold-plated retirement homes. I tell you, the nerve and cunning of this plan make my blood boil!

So get your revenge -- don't allow Suzuki's evil plan to reach fruition. Strike back today!

Spend $80 - $100 on an Pingel petcock and adapter plate, spend a couple of days finagling to get it working and to mount it so it doesn't hit the carbs, then train yourself by the latest and most punitive operant conditioning methods to shut it off every single time you ride.

Only by such methods will we break free from the tyranny of Suzuki's diabolical planned obsolescence.
                    mr b wringer
                    you alwas give sound advice, but the above is my absolute favourite, it made my day!
                    keep rockin' :-D
                    GS850GT

Comment

Working...
                    X