Gs1100 height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1100 height

HOw is the best way to lower these things? need to get low enought to fit a 5' frame.. Thanks

by the way its an 82 shafty

Comment

Get a custom seat, you can remove 3 or 4 inches with that alone.
      Shorter rear shocks.
      Lossen triple clamp pinch bolts and raise the forks up above the top of the triple clamp, equal amounts on both sides of course. This is not possible with all models, handlebars, instrument cluster may not allow for this. Also air forks with the connector pipe, can not be raised at all. This will cause the o-ring to go past the fork tube air entry hole, and all air will come out of the systm.

Hope this helps,

8) Andre 8)

Comment

ill give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by bybowtie
          ill give it a try
          Here is one that is lowered not a shaftie but same principle. Shorter shocks. custom seat and i used a wheel off a 750 on the front. The wheel was necessary to clear the heder and that was what made me also go for shorter shocks. but it is lowered and i can flat foot in sneakers( im 5'3)BARELY)).Some folks rake the front end but it makes steering a bit wacky as i see it.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgDdAscYLBcSWQtgZbZgYu4x9ZbhxaIvOvzlQvHL0NzInU9yK fAhawlLlltdKmuJbcIdU6HNkMq*fwthuRGagIBBHJ!!zNfWvz* CL0pXoIzYSkuf5nIAaVvGvjDnVvnC/THE-MODIFIED-GS1100E.jpg?dc=4675401988742045562[/img]

Comment

thnxxx great pic

Comment

Working...
            X